The Package Developer’s focus will be to ensure the on time, in budget launch and execution of turnkey brands for Maesa Beauty, meeting all aesthetic and quality requirements of the customer and Maesa.
- Maintain timetables, costing and managing development for packaging, of Turnkey programs
- Responsible for overall form, fit and function of custom tooled projects across multiple beauty categories.
- Ensure purchase orders and planning schedules are prepared and kept in line for timely launch
- Interact with Creative, Marketing(internal or customer), Product Development, Retailer and or Distribution Center for the time launch of project
- Ensure and make public the required testing parameters to be required for each package in development
- Responsible for direct interface with both internal China office and China Factories, ensuring all aspects of the Project are in line with established costs, timing and quality
- Costing, to stay +/- 10 percent in development and plus or minus +/- 5 in production, for documented cost of goods
- Establishes BOM and Fill and Assembly instructions
- Hold Marketing, Sales and Creative accountable for missed dates, while updating timetables weekly to ensure all parties are aware of project
- Prioritize workload and critical issues, pertaining to the core development of Maesa Turnkey
- Maintain positive attitude & foster a positive working environment at all times
- 24 hour rule - Making a concerted effort to acknowledge and/or address all inquiries within 24 hours upon receipt
- Additional duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the VP of Operations, and that are typical for someone in this position in this size of a company
Timetables and Cost Sheets and Development:
- Responsible to ensure the client is sent weekly project status snapshots, along with updated timetables (bi monthly) and cost sheets (bi monthly), supported by Planning and Maesa China.
- Weekly Production meetings to be held internally to ensure that open purchase orders are prioritized and production dates are firmed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within packaging and product management field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Able to travel 20% of the time
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers, especially in China
- Have experience with turnkey package development and project management