Reports to the Director of Manufacturing Operations. The buyer/planner is primarily responsible for managing all activities related to purchasing and manufacturing of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Focus will be to ensure the on time, in budget launch and quality execution of brands.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the purchasing and manufacturing of company products.
- Ensure purchase orders and planning schedules are prepared and kept in line for timely launch.
- Interact with local and US fillers and product development houses to ensure their awareness of all packaging, quality expectations and shipping methods needed.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities, with all other internal functions of the organization and external 3rd party suppliers, to obtain optimum production for planned launches
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Communicates BOM and Fill and Assembly instructions
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Works with extended Project team to establish Project Timetables from onset of approved projects, and is then responsible to monitor project milestones throughout the development and production process to ensure on time delivery of new product launches.
- Hold internal teams accountable for missed dates, while updating timetables weekly to ensure all parties are aware of project.
- Responsible to create budgets of assigned projects
- Monitors budgets from the onset of the program until completion. Ensures margin goal is maintained/improved
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service meet project requirements.
- Maintain positive attitude & foster a positive working environment at all times.
- 24 hour rule - Making a concerted effort to acknowledge and/or address all inquiries within 24 hours upon receipt.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in the cosmetics industry
- Experience working with overseas factories (china)
- Experience with contract manufacturing
- Enjoys working in a fast pace environment
- Can work independently as well as part of a team